Tuesday, March 17, 2009

YAY!!!!

Okay, so I went to the doctor today and found out a few things...
#1 - SO did NOT know they did some kind of swab test at 35/36 weeks - that was REALLY not cool!
#2 - found out what a contraction feels like! I've been having them for the past 2 or so weeks and since it was more intense pressure than pain, I figured it wasn't a contraction - she told me that if it feels like he is completely up in a ball at the top of my stomach and he is pushing out, that's a contraction - I've had like 2-4 a day on and off for the past couple of weeks and didn't know what it was!! I thought he was just attempting to make room - she said they would get more and more painful.....great....
#3 - the best one! I'M 1 WHOLE CM DILATED!!! I'm about 30% effaced!! I hope when I go back next Friday I'm progressing rather than doing nothing like a sitting duck :(

I've been pretty productive this Spring break - Haven't really slept late - may do that tomorrow...I have done:
  • Washed ALL of my stinky man's clothes that are 0-3 sizes
  • Washed his burp cloths, towels, washrags, and cloth diapers - well, I'm on wash #2 of 3 on the cloth diapers - gotta get them ready for him!!!
  • Ordered his diaper pail liners, two more diaper covers, diaper pail deodorizer disks, and garment extenders
  • Bought some of the random nick nacks that I haven't gotten from showers
  • Returned the duplicates/wrong sized stuff - had an interesting experience at Target - didn't know they had a new policy where if you don't have a receipt, you can only make 2 returns per calendar year for a total of $25 or less per return....Luckily, everything had been taken off of my registry, so I printed out the purchased items page of my registry and they had to take the stuff back....
  • Painted his name on canvases - yes, we have a name, and no I won't tell :) You'll know when my parents know and that'll be after he's born :)
  • Washed and put his crib bedding on his bed
Yes, I have a little bit of the whole nesting syndrome! I'm getting a little stir crazy cause I still don't have my changing table - daddy said he'd have it ready by the end of the week - but since I don't have the changing table, I have no where except baskets and canvas bins to put his clothes and stuff like that....the changing table has 2 drawers and 2 shelves, so it has a lot of storage in it...but, I can't store anything in it till it's here!

I may go to VBurg tomorrow - I want to get him one more little outfit - they have the cutest plaid shorts and tshirt combos there! I have one and I want the other one!! HAHA!! I'm going to be so broke and this little boy is going to be so spoiled!!!!!

No comments: